A colleague and I sat together to see if we could agree on a collection of statements about learning. This is what he and I beleive to be true about learning:
- Learning happens in the brains of individuals;
- Learning extends into the social and technological environments;
- Learning is a multi-dimensional process involving perception, recollection, analyzing, and otherwise engaging with information;
- We become “smarter” through our own efforts;
- We become “smarter” when we collaborate with others;
- Some learning is relatively permanent, but other learning degrades over time.