So, we want our schools to be technology-rich places. That means we need to make sure there is mutual support for:
- Networks to be are properly planned;
- Devices to be properly installed and configured;
- Management is reasonable according to what we can afford and how we do business;
- Problems are resolved in a timely manner;
- The installed infrastructure is used.
These are much different aspects of IT management and use. If you hire “the one technology person” to handle it all… you are dooming all to failure.